South Africa (open)
– Mouth masks compulsory in public areas
– Hand sanitizing stations and temperature measurement at shops and restaurants
– Curfew between 23:00 and 04:00
– Alcohol sales in shops only from Monday to Thursday between 10:00 and 18:00
– A selection of beaches are closed on certain days throughout December
South Africa is in lockdown level 1 where the entire economy is back on track. The government has opened the countries boarders to all international travellers. This is subject to all countries subject to a negative PCR Covid-19 test upon arrival, not older than 72 hours.
Since the situation is changing rapidly, we have decided not to keep track of the number of cases on our website. John Hopkins University maintains a map with real-time data on the number of patients diagnosed with the coronavirus, the number of patients who died and the number of patients declared healthy. This map shows the situation per country.