Charlie’s Travels is a young travel agency focusing on off-the-beaten track trips, and letting travellers experience the real Africa. Recently the company is going through a strong growth (we grew from 2 people to twenty-five in twelve months’ time). Imaginably, these are very exciting times for the company. However, this fast growth also means many processes and departments are yet to be set up and improved. As such this gives ample opportunity for anyone for quick career growth, anyone who is ambitious, gets excited by start-ups, and wants to take ownership of his or her area of expertise!
New vacancy at Charlie’s Travels: Tour Operating Intern
About the role
We are looking for a young dynamic person with a passion for and interest in the travel industry combined with (preferably) a love for Africa. The person will be responsible of booking a trip from start to finish through securing accommodation, transport, logistics of gear, insurance, guides, activities and booking flights. You will report directly to the operations manager and will be responsible for >50 sold trips and ensuring that each trip runs smoothly. Also communication is an important element in the role: you will be responsible for communicating with clients during the trip and before the trip with suppliers to guarantee better rates, briefing guides, drivers and cooks before and during trips. Additionally, you will be working together with the Operations Manager on multiple projects professionalizing the company even further.
- Book all accommodations, logistics, guides, food, insurance activities and flights of upcoming trips
- Management of full trip once sold from start to completion
- Briefing and training of our service providers
- Liaising with clients and suppliers while on safari
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business relationships with key partners
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction
- Working closely with the sales team to ensure trips are correctly sold and booked to maximize customer satisfaction
- Take the lead in improving our data analysis, use of databases and process management
- Educational background in Tourism, travel or hospitality
- Passion for Africa and travel
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- A team player who loves to collaborate with peers to improve processes while having fun along the way
- Able and eager to work in a fast paced environment
- Organised and able to make decisions quickly and effectively
- Able to travel when necessary to meet with customers and/or suppliers
- Takes responsibility, works independently
- Strong with data analysis, excel and process-based thinking.
- The garden is your office, the sun your light, meals from the chef
- Unique opportunity to experience a real scale up!
- Growth opportunities in line with the company’s’ growth
- Frequent team trips to experience our own products (benefit of being a travel agency)
- Entrepreneurial business environment with an international team
Apply now by sending your (short) motivation and C.V. before August 31th to email@example.com
What you can read next:
Gezocht: Growth-Hacker-in-de-dop voor snelgroeiende travel startup Charlie’s Travels based in Nairobi (6 maanden)! Heb je altijd al een tijdje in een exotisch land willen wonen? Heb je een afgeronde HBO- of WO-studie of ben je in de laatste fase van je studie? Ben je toe aan een spannend avontuur bij de vetste travel scale up
Het is de mooiste Charlie’s Travels-baan die er is: een in-house videomaker! Je schiet allerhande beelden op Oost-Afrika’s mooiste bestemmingen, die je vervolgens edit in de zonnige jungle startup-villa te Nairobi, je nieuwe uitvalsbasis. Je werkt en leeft met een jong team vol creatievelingen en er wordt nog voor je gekookt ook!
Wie zijn wij?
Hoi! We zoeken een in-house Itinerary Maker, die indrukwekkende, visuele bestanden kan maken over onze bestemmingen en experiences. Ben jij de visueel ingestelde content creator die we zoeken?
Lees dan snel verder!
Omdat wij geen stoffig kantoortje in Nederland hebben waar toekomstige klanten met een kopje automaatkoffie wat folders kunnen doorbladeren, is content voor Charlie’s Travels ultra-belangrijk.